Netanyahu rejects, slams UN Security Council call for cease fire
Within the last hour, Prime Minister Netanyahu has rejected the United Nations Security Council statement that was worked out over the weekend. He blasted the plan for seeing to Hamas' needs but not to Israel's
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Monday slammed a UN Security Council statement calling for an immediate humanitarian cease-fire in Gaza, saying during a phone conversation with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that the statement addresses the needs of a murderous terrorist organization, but not those of Israel.
The statement, he said, does not address Israel's demands for the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip, a principle already established by previous interim agreements with the Palestinians.
“The statement did not deal with the harm done to Israeli civilians, nor to the fact that Hamas turned Gaza civilians into human shields,” he said. Netanyahu, who met Ban in Jerusalem last week, also complained that the statement made no mention of the fact that Hamas used UN facilities to attack Israeli civilians.
Israel accepted a UN request for a humanitarian cease-fire three times, he said, while Hamas violated each one.
“They are continuing to fire even now at Israel citizens,” he said. “Israel will continue to deal with the terror tunnels, which is only the first step in demilitarization.”
Instead of having its money used by Hamas to build terror tunnels to attack Israel, Netanayhu recommended that the international community “should work to demilitarize Gaza.”
What do you expect him to do when the polls say that 86.5% of Israelis
don't want to stop?
Labels: Barack Hussein Obama, Binyamin Netanyahu, Gaza, Hamas, IDF, Israeli polls, John Kerry, Operation Protective Edge, United Nations Security Council