Powered by WebAds

Friday, March 15, 2013

Obama won't commit to release Pollard

American's most pro-Israel President evah won't commit to releasing Jonathan Pollard. In fact, he won't even think about it. Unless Pollard converts to Islam....
U.S. President Barack Obama said in an interview broadcast on Israel's Channel 2 Thursday that he has no plan for pardoning Jonathan Pollard soon.
"This is an individual who committed a very serious crime," he told Channel 2's Yonit Levy. "He has been serving his time. There is a justice system that allows for periodic review and the way I as president function here is to try and make sure that I am following the basic rules of that review.
"I have no plans for releasing Jonathan Pollard immediately but what I am going to be doing is to make sure that he is accorded the same kinds of review as others. I recognize the emotions involved in this. One of the strengths of the Israeli people is that you think about your people wherever they are.
"As president my first obligation is to observe the law here in the US. I need to make sure that every individual is treated fairly and equally."
Pollard is due to be released in 2015 with or without Obama's intervention... if he God willing lives that long....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google