Powered by WebAds

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Pollard hospitalized after collapsing

Alleged Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard has been hospitalized after collapsing in his North Carolina jail cell on Friday.
Pollard, who marked the 27th anniversary of his arrest two weeks ago, was last hospitalized in April after suffering from extreme pain. Sources described his situation at the time as life-threatening.
His long list of ailments include: Diabetes, nausea, dizziness, blackouts and ongoing issues with his gall bladder, kidneys, sinuses, eyes and feet.
He also suffers from Meniere’s disease, which causes him to lose consciousness and fall without warning.
President Shimon Peres and Pollard have issued formal clemency requests to US President Barack Obama, but he has never responded.
And don't expect him to respond now that he's been reelected.  Sad but true.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger Will said...

Now if Pollard was a highly 'praised' member of the Muslim Brotherhood or a taliban terrorist from Gitmo things might be different.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger freedda said...

Pollard is being portrayed here as a Jewish hero or martyr. He is neither. He spied for four different countries for money, including Pakistan and South Africa. He has never applied for a pardon as allowed under US law. The Israelis for decades denied their involvement and treated American officials who came to Israel to gather facts on the case with complete disdain. I say let him rot.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Captain.H said...

Pursuant to US Bureau of Prison Regulations, Pollard is scheduled to be released on 11/21/2015, at which time, according to his Wiki bio, Pollard, who renounced his American Citizenship, will be deported to Israel.

As an American military veteran, I do not share anyone's solicitude for Pollard. So far, I've found myself in agreement or sympathetic with 99% of what Carl has written on this blog. The threads on Pollard are in the other 1%.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google