Powered by WebAds

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I got an email from my brother along the Connecticut coast this evening, telling me that he got his power back.
Power was out for 62 hours, 45 minutes. A bit better than the 8 days and 5 days from last year.
What he's not saying (because I knew it already) is that he never lost power this time. After the two snowstorms last year, he went out and bought himself a generator. He's telling me that Connecticut Power and Light restored power in their area.

Unfortunately, in Staten Island, where the Marathon was scheduled to start tomorrow until it was called off (Road Runner's Club founder Fred LeBow would NEVER have let the Mayor drag the decision out to Friday night) things are much worse.

Let's go to the videotape (Hat Tip: Hot Air).


Watch More News Videos at ABC | 2012 Presidential Election | Entertainment & Celebrity News

Here's another video from Staten Island.

Let's go to the videotape.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

And then there's this from the Lower East Side of Manhattan.

Let's go to the videotape (Hat Tip: Hot Air).



I know that many of you in the US have seen these videos already, but I had not, and since a lot of my readers are in Israel like me and thought that this crisis was over, I thought I would post these videos.


I wonder why they haven't asked the IDF for help.

Much more here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Empress Trudy said...

Mayor McCheese Bloomberg was emphatic YESTERDAY morning that the Marathon would go on as planned because it doesn't use any critical resources. When it became obvious this was a dumb idea, he sent a deputy mayor out to make the announcement.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is there a number or email address where one can find out about missing relatives? My sister lives in Passiac NJ, and I have not heard from her in days. No phones and no email.
If you could post such a contact address or number, it would be appreciated.

Ted Rose
Beer Sheva

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Ted,

I don't know of any such number, but I used to live in Passaic, New Jersey, and I have friends there with whom I have been in email contact since the storm. If you want to email me your sister's name and phone number, I can try to find out about her for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google