Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Overnight music video

One of the difficult things about visiting my Dad is remembering the man with a photographic memory who now remembers so little that I never know whether he is telling the truth when he says he remembers something (he couldn't come up with my name today).

According to someone in Jerusalem who married a woman in my parents' shul, where Dad was the gabbai long after I left town and went on aliya (eventually), someone could walk into the shul, Dad would ask his name and his father's name and call the person up for an aliya. Two years later, the same person would walk into shul and Dad wouldn't even have to ask his name. Today, Dad couldn't remember the name for 30 seconds....

Be thankful for what we all have my friends. Each day I understand better and better the passage in the Slichoth services that we will say in a few weeks "Al Tashlichenu l'eth zikna, kichloth kochenu al ta'azvenu" (Do not cast us into old age, when our strength is finished, do not leave us).

And that's tonight's song (except that this one is in the singular rather than the plural) by Avihu Medina.

Let's go to the videotape.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google