Powered by WebAds

Monday, May 21, 2012

Young mother and daughter recall kidnapping attempt

Yael Shahak and her eight-year old daughter have been identified as the victims of an attempted kidnapping by 'Palestinian' terrorists in March. Here's part of their story.
One night in March, Shahak and her daughter were on their way home from an event in central Israel. "We got onto the Beit El access road and a few minutes later, after one of the bends in the road, I noticed a car standing at the side of the road," she recalled.

"I thought they were drunken Arabs or something similar. I honked my horn and then they zigzagged in front of me. The spot was one where you could not bypass or evade the car in front of you, so I drove behind them and tried to avoid them."

But the Palestinians would not give up. "They saw me backing up so they also backed up. That's when the penny dropped that I had a problem," she said. "I tried to escape but they wouldn't let me move to the side of the road. Eventually they stopped and stood right in front of my vehicle.

"I saw four men in front of me, I was frightened by the fact that they were all men – that was before I even paid attention to whether they were Arabs or not."

One of the men walked up to Shahak's window while the other three surrounded the car. "The terrorist who came up to my window signaled me to open it.

"The doors and windows were locked so we conducted a kind of negotiation, with him trying to convince me to open the window and me trying to tell him that I want to continue on my way. It was all done with hand signals and looks. Then at some point the look in his eyes changed and he became crazed."

...

That is when the violence started. "After several blows to the windshield, with all the glass flying at me, he suddenly stopped. At the time I didn't understand why and it was only after the fact that I realized that they saw a car coming from the direction of Beit El."

"The terrorists fled, but from the shock I refused to open my window even for the people who came from the other direction. Of course I realized they were Jewish, but I was still in shock and couldn't open the window."
Read the whole thing. What a nightmare.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google