Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Musical interlude: The Bee Gees singing "Israel" in 1971

I am sure that many of you, at least in the United States, heard of the passing of Robin Gibb earlier this week. Robin was only 62-years old and he died of cancer (or 'the machala' as its known in my neighborhood). Gibb was the founder of the Bee Gees, a group that I was quite fond of in my youth. In 1971, Gibbs wrote, and the Bee Gees performed, a song about Israel. I remembered this song once I heard it, but I forgot about it until now. Now that I look at the video, I think we may still have the album in the house somewhere....

Let's go to the videotape (Hat Tip: Ofir Gendelman via Twitter).

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Callahan23 said...

This song was actually written by Barry Gibb the lone surviving Bee Gee.
Still Robin will be sorely missed ...

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Herb Glatter said...

"album?" lyrics are good even today

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Herb Glatter said...

"album?" lyrics are good available onlin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google