Powered by WebAds

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chaya Schijveschuurder to receive outstanding soldier award

I am sure that among the many terror victims a lot of you can probably name, the Schijveschuurder family stands out prominently. Both parents and three children were murdered in the Sbarro terror attack, and Chaya Schijveschuurder - pictured at the top of this post - was critically wounded.

Many of you may even recall some searing remarks that Chaya Schijveschuurder made at 2010's Memorial Day ceremony for terror victims.
When I woke up the night after the attack, there were people from my community next to me. I asked them what had happened to the rest of the family, and they told me that everything was okay, that they were hurt like I was. Afterwards, my brothers came back from the funerals, and I remember that I asked them why their shirts were torn. Then they told me that my parents, Ra’aya, Avraham Yitzchak and Chemda were killed.

The first question I asked was, “What? Who will cook and clean the house?”

I remember that Leah was always crying and I couldn’t understand why. I think that for this reason, it was good I was little. That way, I remember less and I understood less what this was. I didn’t understand what had happened. I didn’t cry, and I didn’t understand at all what this meant. I didn’t feel pain, and all the time there were people visiting me in the hospital.

I remember that whenever they would change my bandages, I would hit the nurses because it really hurt. I would wake up in the middle of the night and ask whoever was with me to take me on a tour of the hospital. Every time, someone else would be watching me. I had three operations, because I had a lot of nails in my body.

...

Mom and Dad!
I found the earrings that you bought me. How happy I am. I always miss you, and always when there is something in the class, I shed a few tears. I want the Mashiach to come already as fast as possible so that we can all go together to the Beit Hamikdash.

I love you,
Chaya
This morning, Chaya's cousin - who first got in touch with me when he ran the New York marathon to raise money for victims of 'Palestinian' terror - sent me this picture of Chaya, which I am sharing with you because Chaya put it on her Facebook page.

Every year on Independence Day (which is being celebrated next Thursday), outstanding soldiers are honored at the President's residence. Chaya is one of the soldiers being so honored.

Yedioth Aharonoth put the story on its Facebook page, and has asked people to 'like' it. So far, 7,572 people have. And it just went up yesterday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google