Powered by WebAds

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ed Koch on why he became a turncoat

Barack Hussein Obama thinks he can talk anyone into anything, and that is apparently at least true with respect to former New York City Mayor Ed Koch. In an earlier post, I noted that Koch is suddenly supporting Obama. In this interview with the Jewish Week, Koch explains why (Hat Tip: NY Nana).
How did you come to make up with Obama?I was invited to meet with him [after the Turner victory] when he was in New York for his United Nations speech opposing Palestinian statehood. It was a magnificent speech. In our meeting the president said he didn’t know why Jews are upset with him, that he has always been supportive of Israel. He spoke for 20 minutes about his commitment. Then he said “your turn,” and I spoke for 10 minutes. I described the narrative of the Jewish people living in Israel for 3,000 years, not being put there after the Holocaust [as the Palestinians claim]. And I said that the president, in his speech [last May] about the 1967 borders, should have insisted that Hamas first give up its charter [calling for the destruction of Israel and the Jews].

The president said, “didn’t I say that?” And I said, “no.” I had to stand up [for Israel]. Then he said, “Ed, your voice is heard outside of New York; let’s stay in touch.”

I believe he is sincere, and what he said was real. I decided I wasn’t going to make him entreat me any further, so I decided I’ll get on the bus again [and support him].

What’s your take on the Republican presidential candidates?

I like [former House Speaker Newt] Gingrich, and I like them all [on Israel] except for Ron Paul, who is David Duke without an armband.

You’ve crossed party lines in supporting different candidates. How do you make that determination?

I’m a proud Democrat, but I cross party lines if the Democrat is not the best candidate. All things being equal, I vote for the Democrat because the Democratic policies are better. Israel is one of my top priorities, but it’s not the only one.
So Koch is supporting Obama because Obama now believes (but never even said) that Hamas should give its word not to destroy Israel if Israel sets itself up in suicide boundaries? Are all American Jewish Democrats suckers like this?

What could go wrong?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

I first read this sentence - "so I decided I’ll get on the bus again [and support him]." as "I'll get under the bus again"... How does supporting Hussein Obama suit ex-Mayor Koch, I would like to know??

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

This is why you can't delete the signatures on the Oslo agreement and the others. "...the president, in his speech [last May] about the 1967 borders, should have insisted that Hamas first give up its charter [calling for the destruction of Israel and the Jews]."

Mayor Koch, who isn't even URJ or one of the other leftist organizations, right?, asserts that what the President said to him next:

"didn’t I say that?”

is the same thing as what Koch wanted to hear:

"I, the President, believe that so strongly that it is assumed and I needn't say it in publc."

If things keep getting worse, Mayor Koch will be in the history books as a cautionary tale of allowing leftist theology take precedence over genocide prevention.

I just started reading a book we should add to our imaginary book club. Mark Levin is an amazing writer, his radio show is available free on his website, and his foundation is suing the hell out of these lawless tyrants. His new book is Ameritopia. He hasn't placed his focus on what the Obama people have done to our neighbor Mexico yet, but he has surely opened my eyes regarding the liberty (and reduction of hunger) of the about-to-be-discarded U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.

http://www.marklevinshow.com/sectional.asp?id=41535

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Thanks for the hat tip, Carl. Mere words would not express what I feel about Ed Koch's present stance on Obama. He is, to me, now a shanda. Obama must be kvelling that he managed to catch Koch in his net, as attracting a well-known Jew like Koch is a victory for Obama, although the number of prominent Jews here in NY, is appalling in their hurry to give incredibly expensive dinners and donations, etc., for his campaign....a vile Jew hater and Israel's enemy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google