Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Overnight music video

I hope you'll all forgive me if I tell a personal story, which I hope I haven't told here before. Ten years ago, Mordechai Ben David played at my son's Bar Mitzva. We had no idea when he'd be there - in fact, we didn't know he was coming until the night before. As it happens, he arrived just as my son was starting his drasha (Torah talk). Realizing that seeing him there would distract people from listening to my son, he stayed outside the door. Luckily, one of the kids noticed him and ran out with a copy of the drasha for him. And so, Mordechai Ben David stood outside the door and listened to my son's Bar Mitzva drasha... for half an hour! What a mentch! Most of the people at the Bar Mitzva didn't even realize he waited outside all that time!

I've been thinking about that a lot lately, because we haven't made a Bar Mitzva since then, and we're making one this summer, God willing....

Anyway, here's Mordechai Ben David with a classic from that period, Ein Od Milvado (There is no one but God).

Let's go to the videotape.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google