Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The best laid plans....

Those of you who have been reading for a while probably suspect what I am about to tell you. I'm on my way to the US.

It started from a law firm reception, continued with a couple of weddings of children of close friends, added some more business meetings, and then on top of everything else Dad, who has Alzheimer's, has significantly deteriorated over the last couple of weeks. So I'm on my way to the old country for nearly two weeks - I'll be home for Rosh HaShanna, God willing.

But everything that could go wrong today has. I overslept. I left super early so that I would make it through check-in and passport control without a hassle so that I could say my morning prayers with the sunrise (which I do every day), but I am barely going to make it. Security took extra long x-raying my bag, the check-in counter opened late, I got to the second security (what you all think of as security) and they had no record of my passport having been put through, the lines at passport control were long for some strange reason.

But I'm here and have to go pray in a couple of minutes. And then I'll try to get back on before I leave - no guarantees. But don't worry. I have a long layover in an unnamed European country, and since I hope to work on the plane (when I'm not sleeping), I should be free to blog there. But their internet costs money, unlike ours....

Speaking of ours, would you believe that of the windows I had open, the web filter here (Ben Gurion) now objects to Vimeo and YouTube....

Later....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl, an Israeli firm is working up a vaccine for Alzheimer's that they claim reverses existing beta-peptide inflammation and plaque via an induced auto-immune rejection of amyloid-beta.

http://www.jewishmarbella.org/index.php/en/news-and-information/327-israel-una-vacuna-de-administracion-nasal-podria-proteger-del-alzheimer-y-el-ictus

It is still in development but maybe new treatments will come on line here in the States.

For all its joy life can be heartbreaking--we hope tho that the reverse will continue to hold for you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google