Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another awesome Israeli startup

How many of you have ever tried to charge a laptop on a plane? I do it all the time – at least when I’m on a plane that has a place to plug in that’s available. Most of the time, the plug – which looks like a cigarette lighter from a car – doesn’t stay in place. And to think I paid $125 for the charger when I bought my first laptop in 2007….

Well, now you may not need a charger anymore. There’s an Israeli company called Powermat that has made a wireless charger. Here’s a picture of it:



But here comes the neat part: They’ve managed to shrink it small enough that soon the wireless charger may be embedded in things like… my laptop computer.

Let’s go to the videotape.



Now all we need is internet access on overseas flights and you guys will never notice when I’m missing.

Heh.

More here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google