Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Al-Guardian's unbiased Israel correspondent

OMG! The Jewish Chronicle's Stephen Pollard describes a screaming match with al-Guardian's Israel correspondent Harriet Sherwood.
Normally when a mainstream journalist calls it’s for help, for a quote or for something specific. Not this time. Ms Sherwood rang me to scream at me for publishing a piece by Geoffrey Alderman last week, which began:
Few events – not even the execution of Osama bin Laden – have caused me greater pleasure in recent weeks than news of the death of the Italian so-called “peace activist” Vittorio Arrigoni.
Pretty arresting, indeed, and not something I would have written. But then the editor of a paper doesn’t agree with everything in the paper. Ms Sherwood doesn’t seem to realise that.
‘How could you print that? Don’t you think that is a disgusting thing to say? You are happy to publish that?’
I pointed out that it’s not my view but it’s the view of the writer.
‘That is disgusting. He was a peace activist!’ she screamed back.
I pointed out that Mr Arrigoni was not a ‘peace activist’ but a member of ISM, a hardcore anti-Israel group. Ms Sherwood then started screaming at me in a frankly unintelligible manner, but which included more about him being a peace activist and asking me:

‘So you take pleasure in someone’s murder at the hands of Hamas?’

I pointed out again that it wasn’t my piece.
‘But you’re the editor! You must think it worth publishing’.
Of course. Unbiased media, Guardian style.

Read the whole thing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

‘So you take pleasure in someone’s murder at the hands of Hamas?’
----------------------------------

I'm all goose-bumpy with happiness and cheer whenever our rabid Arab and Muslim enemies commit fratricide.

More! More!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google