Powered by WebAds

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Video: An IDF combat soldier sings Whisper of the Trees

On Friday afternoon, I received the following email:
Hi Carl,

My name is Hayim Ani. I’m an American born musician who recently made aliyah to Israel. Although making aliyah involved me leaving my band behind, I am continuing to make music here as a solo musician. About a month ago, I was accepted to Egoz, an elite unit in the IDF and my draft is this Sunday. It was important to me to do one final project before my service and with the help of some friends I was able to make one last song and music video. I think it’s important for people to see the art and creativity that Israel has to offer, especially from soldiers who are often painted in a very negative light.
Let's go to the videotape.



Wow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger F.M said...

Bravo, I have just seen your clip, and I estimated(appreciated) a lot your music, you have a great deal of talent. Take care of you and good luck in quite your projects

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that was pretty good, both the song and the video.

Douze points! This is the sort of stuff we should be entering into the Eurovision contest, if we insist on participating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google