Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who wants peace?

This afternoon, we had someone whom the media would term a 'militant settler' in our house. He's in his early 30's (we've known him since he was a teenager), and lives in one of the Samarian towns that's outside the 'security fence.' He reads this blog regularly.

After I gave him a 5-minute summary of Palileaks, which he had not yet been following, he came out with a quote that surprised me, and he gave me permission to share it with you.

He said, "[A] lot of my neighbors might disagree with me, but if I really believed that leaving my home in x would bring peace, I'd do it in a minute. But it wouldn't bring peace. It would bring rockets on the airport and on Tel Aviv. Southern Lebanon and Gaza prove that. Most Israelis today seem to understand that."

Indeed, they do.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Ha! That's what I always say here! Maybe he would work on the engineering level rocket effects info, the elevation graphics with rocket ranges and the airport marked and the title search GIS layer.

The internationals and leftists who insist that civilians in Israel sit still under attack will try to institute the same thing on the southern border of the US... on both sides. These things are little by little spilling over...

http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/abqnewseeker-mainmenu-39/26661-palomas-man-arrested-after-shooting-alleged-intruders-to-death.html

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/01/gunmen-open-fire-at-mexican-soccer-game-killing-7/

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

There won't be peace in our lifetime and there is no real appetite in Israel for changing the status quo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google