Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Video: United 747 buzzes the Golden Gate Bridge

Off topic again but really cool.

This is actually from an air show that took place this past weekend in San Francisco. And the video is exactly what I wrote in the title: A United Airlines 747 buzzing the Golden Gate Bridge (from what I recall, the bridge isn't in the takeoff or landing pattern for the San Francisco International Airport - or whatever it's called these days - but I haven't been there in a few years so I could be wrong).

Let's go to the videotape.



Not everyone was happy about this:
I thought it looked pretty cool. But I heard some grumbling among the crowd I was with about it. When I posted some shots and video (below) on my Facebook page, a minor scuffle broke out between some friends who liked it, others who said it reminded them of 9/11, and a vet who was appalled at the invasion of corporate sponsorship into a military show.
I'm with the vet. I thought air shows were supposed to be military.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have been impressed have the Jumbo flown under the bridge.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was weird - it had it's landing gear down when it flew over the bridge and then retracted it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google