Powered by WebAds

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bibi on Jerusalem for Jerusalem Day

Here's some of what Prime Minister Netanyahu had to say for Jerusalem Day.
There is no such bond between a people and its capital, and certainly no people has the same kind of bond we have with Jerusalem. This bond is with Jerusalem above and Jerusalem below. I welcome the fact that there are Jewish religious institutions because from Jerusalem, "from Zion will the Torah come forth". This is important. This has value. Zion is also a concept regarding our people's modern and developed capital, and we are building it and will continue to build and develop it. We will continue to absorb immigrants there and we will continue transforming it into a vibrant city....

Our future is based on our past, and our past creates our future. Only in Jerusalem is this demonstrated in a tangible and important way. That is why I seek to strengthen you. You strengthen me, although there is no need to do so. I am strong enough. I appreciate your drive and your support, but believe me - I am strong enough because I am from the same home you come from - from the House of Israel.
Ben Smith notes that Netanyahu's speech
reflects how difficult a compromise over the city's status -- or an end to construction -- will be to achieve.
Didn't we say there wasn't going to be a compromise on Jerusalem?

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

If there is a compromise, Jews might as well start swimming. For without Jerusalem, there is no point to having a Jewish State at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google