Powered by WebAds

Monday, February 01, 2010

Galloway in Boston Monday night

He may be persona non grata in Egypt and banned from Canada, but that won't stop the People's Republic of Massachusetts from welcoming George Galloway on Monday night (Hat Tip: Masha via NY Nana).

Here's how you can go to the counter-demonstration (and send me your pictures so I can post them on Tuesday morning).
CJUI and ATP are co-sponsoring a protest against a fundraiser for Hamas at the Palestinian Cultural Center, 41 Quint Ave., Allston, MA on Monday, February 1st at 6:00 p.m.

George Galloway, who is banned from entering Canada and was recently deported from Egypt, has entered the U.S. to raise money for his Hamas-affiliated organization. The Palestinian Center is hosting him for a talk and a $1,000-per-plate dinner.

Please join us outside the Center at 6:00; signs and other materials will be provided. Let them know we want Hamas Out of Boston!
Can someone please explain to me why Galloway is not on the no-fly list?

Final thought: Wouldn't it be neat if Senator Scott Brown showed up for the rally outside?

5 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger What is "Occupation" said...

Is it a sin to hope his head caves in from the space like vacuum that exists between his ears?

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl,

When Masha sent me the info? I had to read it twice.A mosque in Allston? Unbelievable. And Hussein allows him into the country...whoops, forgot it was The People's Republic of Massachsetts...and he will be only a few miles from Brighton, where I lived when I was a kid. I wonder if he will wear his red tutu?

If anyone belongs on a no-fly list, it is him. A fund raiser for Hamas in Boston? What have we come to? I wonder if Husssein will invite him to dinner at the White House?

Thanks for the hat tip...without Masha I would not have had a clue. I would expect Canada to ban him, but Egypt? It would be wonderful if Senator Scott Brown showed up!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

NY Nana,

In the last year and a half, they have built a mosque on the corner of Chestnut Hill Avenue and Chiswick Road in Brighton, right in the heart of the Jewish community.

I understand from people who live there that the Jewish community attempted to buy the property and was turned down. The seller was - you guessed it - a Jew.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Oh, Carl, I am just in shock...I had not heard anything, as none of my family are in the area anymore.

We lived on Chestnut Hill Ave. when we were married, as my husband (from Brooklyn) was in the US Army, stationed at the now-defunct Boston Army Base...and as a kid? Not that far from Chiswick Rd., until we moved to Newton.

Re the seller being a Jew? I am not surprised....just want to punch him in the face.

'You can't go home again' is not just the name of a Thomas Wolfe novel, it seems. You know how close to these places I lived as a kid..right in the middle of the Jewish community where nearly all my maternal side lived...a very different world.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who donates money to this cause will be in violation of US Federal Law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google