Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Video: Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev interviewed by David Frost

One year on from the war in Gaza, the Middle East 'peace process' is at a standstill. The Israeli government spokesman, Mark Regev, joins Sir David from Jerusalem to talk about the current state of relations between Israel and the Palestinians.

Let's go to the videotape.



On the whole, I thought Regev did pretty well, although I flinched when he talked about his friend Saeb at the beginning. I would have denied that the three people killed the previous night were 'civilians.' I don't think he was forceful enough about doing that.

I also don't believe that the people of Gaza can control Hamas anymore even if they wanted to control them. I believe that Israel should have finished Hamas off when it had the chance last year, and that eventually it will have to go back into Gaza and finish the job - at a considerably higher cost than we would have incurred a year ago.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

All true. And the Middle East is the only place on earth where time stands still.

Heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google