Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Overnight music video

I have a dear friend in another part of Jerusalem, who is a few years younger than I am, who tells me that despite all the years that have passed since our youth, every time he says Havdalah - the service that officially ends the Sabbath and begins the workweek - he still waits for a band to start playing the second he finishes. I feel the same way. Those of you who grew up in certain Jewish youth organizations in the US will understand why (yes, of course I was in NCSY).

Saturday night was always Kumsitz night. We would sit around on the floor, someone would play a guitar, and we would sing and tell stories. This song was one of the songs we would play - albeit a bit more quietly.

Let's go to the videotape (Hat Tip: Finally Free).



The words mean "All the world is a narrow bridge, and the key is never to be afraid at all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google