Powered by WebAds

Monday, October 26, 2009

Google Chrome advice

I have received several comments and emails today saying that Google Chrome says that my site has 'malware' or something similar and that you should be 'careful' about it.

The 'problem' is apparently the 'Carnival of the Insanities' logo on the right side of the home page. For unknown reasons, they don't like it. There is no 'malware.'

I might eventually remove the logo since the Carnival doesn't exist anymore, but I hate Google since they kicked me out of their ad program so the logo stays for now.

This is actually an old problem, but for some reason people seem to be downloading Google Chrome today and I've had a couple of comments and a few emails about it.

I have five words of advice for you:

GOOGLE CHROME S***S. USE FIREFOX!

4 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Mr. Gerson said...

@Carl: Firefox will provide the same security alert.

The problem is your link to:
http://www.wordofblog.net/redirect.php?id=388

wordofblog.net has time and again been picked up as a site which hosts malware.

Email me if you want me to fix this for you.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Mr. Gerson said...

The reason for the malware alert this time is because a site called "tallestbuildingslist.com" contained malware, and was linked to from wordofblog.net.

As a result, wordofblog was flagged, and so was IsraelMatzav.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger muman613 said...

FIREFOX ROCKS THE BLOCK!

Forget IE and Chrome!

Browsers Wars 2009!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger David said...

I just had the same problem with a banner that said "Israel will win this fight"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google