Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Witness rips Goldstone Report

An Israeli woman who was seriously wounded in a rocket attack and testified in front of the Goldstone Commission rips the report.
On May 14, 2008, my life was changed forever. I was working in my clinic. Suddenly, the building was hit by a missile, fired from Gaza. I was terribly wounded. Blood was everywhere. My patient was also wounded, and more than 100 others. Next month will be my eighth operation.

Judge Goldstone, I told you all of this, in detail. I testified in good faith. You sent me this letter, saying, "Your testimony is an essential part of the Mission's fact-finding activities."

But now I see your report. I have to tell you: I am shocked.

Judge Goldstone, in a 500-page report, why did you completely ignore my story? My name appears only in passing, in brackets, in a technical context. I feel humiliated.

Why are there only two pages about Israeli victims like me, who suffered thousands of rockets over eight years? Why did you choose to focus on the period of my country's response, but not on that of the attacks that caused it? Why did you not tell me that this council judged Israel guilty in advance, in its meeting of last January? Why did you not tell me that members of your panel signed public letters judging Israel guilty in advance?
Read the whole thing.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger NormanF said...


Carl - if you look the UNHRC website today - you will note an interesting group of countries interrogating Israel as the defendant.



Its just sickening!



The video weblogs of today's session introducing the Goldstone report can be seen here:



View it all

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger lusik said...

It seemed clear beyond any doubt that the initiative in this report was motivated by a political agenda and not concern for human rights

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google