Powered by WebAds

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Swine flu or not swine flu?

Shavua tov, a good week to everyone.

They won't officially tell me that I have swine flu, but I can tell you that I cannot remember the last time I felt this sick for this long.

I forced myself out of bed this morning long enough to sneak into the back of the room for the 5:00 am service (behind a wall so I wouldn't infect anyone), stayed long enough to hear the Torah reading and then left. I slept the rest of the Sabbath, barely crawling out of bed for meals. Luckily, next week is the week that the two married kids are coming along with the 18-year old who is mother's helpering out of town.

No, I am not going to synagogue tomorrow morning either.

By the way, the almost-10-year old son told me last night that the kids in the neighborhood all call it 'Mexican flu' lest you think that didn't catch on anywhere.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

I'm betting the plain old flu. One could vaccinated of course but a lot of people don't like the side effects. Staying warm, drinking plenty of fluids and lots of rest will help one get back to one's old life quickly. Humans can get immune to one type of virus; the bad news is there are too many types to them to avoid all future infections.The flu will be with us for a long time to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google