Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Firefox 3.5

This is way off topic, but I just did something that I have to share with you.

For those of you who use Firefox and keep many tabs open at once (which I am sure includes nearly all of you who blog), Mrs. Carl suggested that I go here and download the new Firefox 3.5. I just did it and the difference is REALLY noticeable.

Mrs. Carl explained to me that everyone who uses a lot of tabs in Firefox had problems because each tab is a separate process. With the new Firefox 3.5, my computer is running much faster (and hopefully you will all get a lot more posts!).

4 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

I downloaded the new version. Its available immediately on Windows and Mac OSX but with Linux, it takes additional time to be added to update repositories. Firefox is a nice and stable browser. Not all extensions are compatible with it though.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Yoel said...

hummm

if you didn't get paid for the advertisment...

by the way Google Chrome does it...

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Laser said...

That's strange. I've been using Firefox for ages, and I have used betas of 3.5 for weeks. I certainly prefer Firefox to IE, but I never noticed that Firefox was using more than one process, certainly never since version 3 was introduced. IE does use more than one process.

At the moment Firefox is using 310 M regular memory and 325 M virtual memory.

IE, running four processes, is using a total of 180 M real memory and 129 M virtual. So I fear that Mrs. Carl has not hit on the right advantage.

But I am sure that she is a swell person anyway.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never used anything but IE ever since Netscape Navigator faded away.

IE8 was the last straw. Horrible bugs, wasting tons of my time.

Here's to Firefox. So far, so good, with less than an hour's experience at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google