Powered by WebAds

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Fans of my favorite football team often sing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." And for good reason. Since 1971, the Patriots are 10-0 (link from before a 47-7 defeat of the Arizona Cardinals in the snow in December 2008) in games played at home in the snow.

But "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" may yet become a theme song for right-wing parties in Israel's election this week as well. On Tuesday, which is election day, the forecast says we are going to have our long-awaited first winter storm of the year, which includes snow in the Hermon, and rain, strong winds and unseasonable cold elsewhere (by comprarison, it's currently 67 degrees Fahrenheit in Jerusalem and is supposed to reach 72 on Sunday and 84(!) on Monday). So far. The pundits claim that a higher turnout of voters will benefit Tzipi Livni and Kadima, so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

And let's go to the videotape.

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh!!! I'm very often in the US in Nov./Dec. Besides business dealings, I do tons of shopping to bring back home decent clothing at normal prices for the entire family.

All the stores are then playing all the classic holiday season songs. Among the repertoire is of course "Let It Snow."

Please, Carl! My ears! My ears!

Next year I'm going to pack an MP3 player on my store visits.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Shy Guy,

I spent half of September, a third of October, two thirds of November and a third of December in the US this year. I think of that song as a Patriots fighting song and not as related to holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google