Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Times' Tom Friedman: 'We have no short-term leverage on Iran other than a military solution'

New York Times' reporter Thomas Friedman was in Israel this week and sat down on Wednesday for a chat with Haaretz reporter Guy Rolnick. While I don't agree with much of what is said in this seven-minute interview, his comment on Iran is very interesting. It starts approximately 3:27 into the video. I never thought I would hear this from Tom Friedman.

Let's go to the videotape.

Bottom line: If you believe - as I do - that Iran is getting close, you should support a military solution. And that's coming from lefty Tom Friedman of the New York Times.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger aRTieA said...

Greetings from Boston. No matter how I view the world situation for the mere 61 years that I have been on this planet - Jew-hatred has always been there. I have yet to understand it in all its reamifications. But I do, from a historical basis, take it seriously. Israel needs to assert it strength and destroy its enemies to survive. Playing a tit-for-tat game is insanity on the part of Israel.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

My view has never been a secret. Israel will have to defend herself. The Jewish people are not going to count on other countries to defend them. The entire raison d'etre of a Jewish State is to eliminate Jewish powerlessness. That's succeeded since to Israel's enemies, Jews with a sovereign state are even more threatening than Jews without any kind of power. Of course, anti-Semites hate both. Israel is the guarantee against a Second Holocaust and that's why its enemies are working feverishly to eliminate her. But Israel is not without an answer to Iran.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google