Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Waking America up to reality?

TPM's election central posted this video of an ad that the Tancredo campaign is seeking to put on the air in Iowa. Watch the video (it's been taken down and put back up by YouTube today) and I'll have more comments when you're done.



I've said before that I like Tancredo, even though as most of you are aware, I've come out for Giuliani. I think that many - maybe even most - Americans have their heads buried in the sand about terrorism, and the scenario posed by the ad is quite plausible, although today it would more likely be a suicide bomber than a package left behind. It's the sort of thing we face in Israel every day and it's why I get nervous every time I walk into a shopping mall in the US without a metal detector and without being searched.

I don't wish terrorism on the US again. You had enough of it on 9/11. But you'd be wise to wake up to the threat. And we'd benefit if you did, because hopefully the average American would then understand that you Americans and we Israelis are in this together. George Bush has somehow forgotten that over the last six years. Hopefully you'll all remember it before a terror attack happens again, God forbid.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Author "B" said...

As long as gasoline is under $5 a gallon, the cable TV is still on, one can walk into a supermarket and buy produce from anywhere, and one buy Chinese-made crap at Wal-Mart, Americans will remain asleep.

I have lived and worked in Eretz Israel. I've seen the elephant.
I now spend a great deal of time trying to help shape State and local response policy, because it is too late for prevention.

I don't know that Tom Tancredo is the answer, but I damned sure know that Sen. Clinton and her ilk are not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google