Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Haveil Havalim # 139 is up early

They changed the deadline for Haveil Havalim submissions from midnight Saturday night to "before Shabbos" this week. I got tied up in that last minute news about Abu Mazen negotiating with Hamas yesterday and missed the deadline. So tonight I went to the Carnival widget hoping that maybe someone took pity on me - but alas, it was gone. So I looked through last week's HH and I saw that this week's was being done by Mother in Israel. I didn't recall her hosting it before but I knew she was up for a Weblog Award so I hoped she would take pity on me. I went to her blog and found a contact address. I sent her a string of posts. Thirty seconds later I get a response "Did you know it was me?" Of course, I didn't know. I won't tell you who she is, but her husband was my chavrusa in yeshiva twenty-eight years ago and Mrs. Carl and I actually made one of their Sheva Brachos (when Mrs. Carl was in her 9th month with son number 2, child number 3 - those were the days!).

Anyway, you can find Haveil Havalim # 139 right here. You should definitely go check it out. And I also discovered that another regular HH host - Random Thoughts - is also up for a Weblog Award. You can vote for Random Thoughts here, for Mother in Israel here, and for me here.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Thanks for the mention, I appreciate it. Good luck in the contest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google