Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 21, 2006

This Ongoing War: 20-Aug-06: Small Dots of Light in the Darkness

This Ongoing War: 20-Aug-06: Small Dots of Light in the Darkness

Unfortunately, the an-Nahar article is only in Arabic. But this sounds like a great article to get translated into English:
Published earlier this month in the An-Nahar daily newspaper , Fayad complains bitterly that to be a Shi'ite now "is to block your mind". It is to let Iran's supreme leader and ideologue-of-death Ayatollah Ali Khamenei "command you, drive you, decide for you what he wants from the weapons of Hezbollah, and force on you a victory that is no different from suicide."

Interviewed in the aftermath of her Arabic article by the Boston Globe, Fayad says: "People thank me, encourage me, and ask me if I am scared. But I am not scared because I live in a country where a bomb can fall on my head at any time, so I want to express my opinion... People have been lying to themselves, afraid of Hezbollah because it is loaded with weapons but it is time to stand up and ask why."

"We've been forced to shut up for decades because we are at war but we have to speak in critical periods so that the leaders know who are with them and who are not," Fayad said. "The future of Lebanon is at stake."

Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google