Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Police Strip Shirt Off Jewish Mother During Protest

Arutz Sheva is reporting that during yesterday's protests in 'Amona,' Israeli police intentionally stripped the shirt off a Jewish mother of nine who had recently given birth. Two of the police officers are pictured in the story.

For those of you who think that this story strains credibility, allow me to remind you of the story of Akiva Vitkin, who was beaten by police at an anti-disengagement protest on June 29. The police have suspended one of the officers who was involved in that beating until his trial has been completed.

"At this point," said the mother of nine, "I approached the officers and told them that they were using excessive force for no reason. A friend of mine tried to take a picture of the policewoman's badge, but it was tilted to the side. I extended my hand to straighten her badge, and my friend took the picture." According to the mother, the badge displayed the name: Yana Rosenfeld, #7467875.

As per photographer's testimony, this policewoman wore badge "Yana Rosenfeld."
"Yana ripped her badge away from me and called out to all the policemen there to arrest me. Within seconds, a dozen officers approached me to arrest me. They grabbed me, pushed me to the ground, and kicked me in my stomach, head, and all parts of my body. Yana kicked me right in my womb. Yana was yelling, 'Hit her hard. Smash her.'"

Naomi Shachor, wife of the chief Rabbi of nearby Maaleh Levonah, came over when she saw the policemen trying to arrest a protestor. Naomi says,
"We were trying to pull her back towards us. They grabbed her… I saw her on the ground, and they started to pull off her sweater… The ones who did it and pushed her were men... It was a very terrible and shocking moment for me. I am still trying to get myself together from it."
The assaulted mother identified this policeman as one of the attackers.
The assaulted mother continued,
"As they assaulted me, they began ripping my shirt. With no shame, several officers deliberately ripped off my shirt, and I was left there exposed. At this point, I started resisting so strongly that they backed off of me a bit, I grabbed my shirt from an officer who was holding it, and fled away in shame."

Naomi added, "I felt a lot of shame for her. I felt they crossed a border line that we thought we had, and apparently we don't have anymore. This is part of our modesty... We tried to talk to them afterwards, and they didn't want to understand. [I tried to explain to them] that this is something that shouldn't have been done. We were women; we were standing there democratically speaking out what we think should be said, conveying our feelings without anything else, and it was wrong to do it. [To see policemen violate the dignity of] a woman, a young mother...
Read it all.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

I saw the video on Arutz 7 of the kids in hospital who also were so brutally beaten...Jews doing this to Jews?

Thank G-d this poor woman was not pregnant when the female officer so brutally beat her..how can they allow the police to be so vicious? And what were the 'demonstrators' doing, besides standing up for Israel? Is this now a crime? The arabs must love seeing so many police divertd from protecting Jews from them. It seems that the intmates are running the asylum.

The kids have far more courage than the police..

At this point, I do not even dare to imagine what will happen next.

Chazak!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google