Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Mom's yahrtzeit

Tonight, the 21st day of the Jewish month of Av, is the yahrtzeit (date of anniversary of death) of my mother, Chana Rivka bat Leib David haLevy a"h (may she rest in peace). The picture above was taken in August 1962 alongside a Holiday Inn in the Washington DC area (probably Rockville, Md. but it's been too long and I don't recall). I'm the kid on your left and the one on your right (probably the most serious pose he ever struck) is my brother.

It's hard to believe that tomorrow morning will mark 10 years since Mom passed away.

I started this blog a few months later. Mom (who was a Scoop Jackson Democrat in her later years, as was Dad) would have approved.

May her memory be blessed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger C said...

Arichus yomim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google