Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Jerusalem grocer answers Tom Friedman on Iran

There was a Tom Friedman piece in the New York Times earlier this month saying that if he were an Israeli (which he is not), he would support President Hussein Obama's sellout to a nuclear armed Iran. I found it infuriating, but I was overloaded with work at the time and only posted the following about it on Twitter.
David Jablinowitz took Friedman's piece to a Jerusalem grocer, who did a much more thorough take-down than anyone could have done in 140 characters. Here it is (Hat Tip: Mrs. Carl).
The grocer said the following: "You tell Friedman that this grocer was a military officer, who knows how to fight a war, and that I fought with my head and not my gut. You tell Friedman that as a 'makolet' owner, I know that I will give credit to a customer who pays his bills, but will demand money up front from someone who has a record of cheating. And you tell Friedman that as a kind person, I will give charity to a person who is economically suffering, but if it's obvious that the poor person will spend the money on drugs, I'd prefer to bring him into my grocery and give him some basic foods for free, but I would not just give him money to spend as he wishes on dangerous things. You tell Friedman that I think these negotiators could have used some Israeli grocers at the negotiating table with Iran."
Yes, they could have... if they had any interest in stopping Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Wonder if the military officer and grocer knows about the Gaia/Google $lu$h being infused to euthanize Israel?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Neshama said...

Oh, I enjoyed that grocer's wit. Maybe he should run for PM?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google