Powered by WebAds

Monday, May 21, 2012

Tel Aviv v. Jerusalem

In an earlier post, I described Tel Aviv and Jerusalem as being like two different countries. And that's probably not inaccurate. Here's someone on the other side of the fence describing it.

Let's go to the videotape.



When we first made aliya, we lived in Jerusalem and I commuted by bus to Tel Aviv every day. I used to tell my wife that as we passed the Shaar Haggai turnoff (and in those days it was a turnoff and not an exit ramp) and started the ascent up the steep mountains to Jerusalem, I felt like I was making aliya (which literally means 'going up') again in more ways than one.

Of course, we know which one Bob Simon prefers.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

its a good thing that no arab claims Tel Aviv as Jaffa

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

IDIOT!! Those who forget are condemned to repeat! What a repulsive creep!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Tel Aviv = L.A.
Hippie Heaven
The minute I set eyes on it, that was the thought I had. I lived in LA for 2 yrs and ended up not being able to wait to get out of the place. If I were to live in Israel, it would probably be south of Rehovot or in Be'ersheva or some smaller town out in the Negev. Actually, I found a darling town in Israel I'd love to live in where some friends of ours live. But, seems like every country has its L.A. Except maybe Germany or Russia... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google