Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An immoral image

The woman who was shown on video around the world being beaten by Egyptian troops after they tore her abaya off in Cairo has called the iconic image of her 'immoral' and has told Egyptian media that she thought she was going to die.
"When I tried to escape, four soldiers grabbed me and beat me, pulling my hair until I fell on the floor. Another soldier tore off my clothes, which was the reason my picture was published on all websites and some newspapers – which is a highly immoral image," she said.

Al Halek said she was taken into a building nearby, and was held there, naked. "I thought I was going to die in this place," she recalled. When she pleaded with a doctor to help her, al Halek said an officer told her "I'll shoot you if you leave."

The Egyptian woman said she gave her testimony at the police to prove that she was tortured, adding that she intends to go to court.
Given what we know about Egyptian men's predilection for molesting women, does anyone doubt that she was beaten because she's a woman?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't she now at risk of being killed by a male member of her family?

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Empress Trudy said...

I have to say I no longer care what form the slow slide into savagery the savages take.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google