Powered by WebAds

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awesome: Israel Ministry of Strategic Affairs representative says only UN can stop Iran

I went into a session entitled Stopping Nuclear Proliferation - Reality or Illusion? and walked out (because (a) my laptop was on 6% battery power and the outlet wasn't working and (b) without being able to type on the laptop I was falling asleep) just before Sima Shine - the representative of Israel's Ministry of Strategic Affairs - spoke and came up with this:
Ministry of Strat' Affairs rep, Ms. Sima Shine: Only internat' community has power to prevent Iran from acquiring Nukes
Someone please tell me that's not what Boogie Yaalon (Minister of Strategic Affairs) thinks. The US can almost certainly stop Iran, and if no one else is willing to try, Israel should at least give it a shot. The only thing worse than a war as a result of trying to stop Iran from going nuclear is a nuclear Iran.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

I'm sure this lady in Aushwitz would have been lecturing the Jews there the world will come to their rescue - they just need to sit tight and wait.

Stupid Jew!

What could go wrong indeed

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

These morons should be locked up! How have we permitted these people to gain power??
Just listening to BBC news about Geert Wilders being cleared of charges. Al beeb goes out on the streets of Amsterdam and asks 3 people - mozlems - what they think of the result!! Pure subversion!!

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and walked out (because (a) my laptop was on 6% battery power and the outlet wasn't working and

Couldn't you take some fully charged spare batteries with you? This is about the 10th time your battery ran out.

Perhaps you should rename this conference

The Battery Runneth Out Conference!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Chayma,

If it so concerns you, you are welcome to send me a spare battery for my laptop. The laptop is an Acer Aspire, it uses a 6-cell Li-ion battery, and if you will be so kind as to drop me an email, I will send you my address (don't worry - it's a PO Box).

As it happens, there was an almost total lack of electric outlets into which people could plug their devices to recharge. The conference venue was built in the 1960's, and the conference organizers are aware of the issue and will try to resolve it by next year (when they will hopefully invite me back).

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl

Do you mean to say you cannot find a suitable battery where you are? I was under the impression Israel had a thriving High Tech industry. Certainly it’s the most computerised country in the Middle East. Seek and ye shall find :)

I will send you my address (don't worry - it's a PO Box).

Ahhhhhh, There is no need to be so subtle! Why should I worry if the address was a PO Box or not? No need to drop dark hints, I’ll make it easy for you “it’ll go to a PO Box where it can be scanned to see if it is ticking or not”.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google