Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The will of a little boy - The prayer Yoav Fogel HY"D had placed over his bed

Yoav Fogel age 11 was brutally murdered last Friday night along with his parents Udi and Ruth and two of his siblings Elad age 4 and Hadas age 3 month.

Attached is a photo and translation of the prayer that Yoav posted over his bed found in the Fogel home in Itamar (Hat Tip: David H).
May it be Your will, L-rd G-d and G-d of our forefathers, that I love every one of Israel as myself, and to graciously perform the positive commandment of loving your neighbor as yourself.

And may it also be Your will, Lord G-d and G-d of my forefathers, that you cause the hearts of my friends and neighbors to love me fervently, and that I be accepted and desirable to everyone, and that I be loving and pleasant, and that I be gracious and merciful in the eyes of all who see me. As water reflects face to face, so the heart of man to man. And all for the sake of Heaven, to do Your will, Amen.
As some of you know, I have an 11-year old son....

I'll stop here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

What a sweet child!

His name will not be forgotten in Israel... his life was cut short but his piety has won Heaven's favor.

May the memory of Yoav Fogel be for an eternal blessing!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Neshama said...

This tragedy is bringing back all the pain from the time the monsters were blowing up buses, all the children, mothers, body parts, and grief.

I didn't know any of them, but I would look into the eyes of the pictures posted, as a way of sharing the grief that their families were experiencing.

My revenge was to move to Israel, with my husband, to await the Geulah (which I feel is happening now B'Rachamim).

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Lydia McGrew said...

Can someone from Israel confirm this story:

http://www.blogster.com/feralpuppies/us-trained-forces-arrested-in-bloody-slaying-of-kids

Ahmed Awad and Iyad Awad arrested? They're members of Fatah's security and intelligence forces?

I cannot help wondering if there is ever any movement in Israel to change the law to institute the death penalty. This would certainly seem to be an example of why it would be appropriate to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google