Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

JCC Watch rips JCC of the Upper West Side

At a press conference in New York on Sunday, JCC Watch ripped the JCC of the Upper West Side of Manhattan for cooperating with organizations that promote boycott, divestiture and sanctions (BDS) against Israel.
The JCC of the Upper West Side, notes the watchdog group, is a beneficiary agency of the UJA-Federation. BDS was launched in 2005 by various non-governmental organizations (NGOs) which seek to demonize, delegitimize, and ultimately destroy Israel by the spread of misinformation, incitement, and promotion of various boycotts.

In a news conference held Sunday afternoon in front of the JCC offices, JCC Watch reported that the organization is partnering with a number of pro-BDS organizations.

Among those listed were the leftist organizations New Israel Fund, B'Tselem, Human Rights Watch, and J Street.

JCC Watch founder Richard Allen called on the JCC board of directors to establish public and transparent guidelines regarding BDS.

“It’s time that the board of directors of the JCC in Manhattan take action. It’s simple: all they have to do is stop supporting groups that partner with, fund, or support the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement against Israel,” Allen said.

...

Irwin Hochberg, former Chairman of the Board of the UJA-Federation of New York and former National Campaign Chairman of Israel Bonds spoke of "the golden days" of the United Jewish Appeal, prior to the hijacking of the organization by liberal elements of the Jewish community. He was joined by Helen Freedman, executive director of Americans For A Safe Israel.

Expressing outrage at the indifference of the agency to the suffering of Jews in Judea and Samaria, Freedman said, "The JCC should have its members out in the street protesting this massacre at Itamar. Instead, they go on with business as usual, ignoring the brutality waged against Israel and blaming Israel for the ills of the Arab world."

She added that "by partnering with organizations like J Street, B’Tzelem, the New Israel Fund and Human Rights Watch, the JCC is exhibiting a state of moral confusion. One boycotts totalitarian regimes, like the Palestinian Authority, Hamas, Hizbullah and Iran, the sponsor of these terrorist groups.

“One does not boycott the only democracy in the Middle East."
Has anyone taken this up with UJA-Federation? Just last week, Federation came out strongly in favor of Brandeis Hillel's excluding Jewish Voice for Peace - a radical Leftist anti-Israel organization - from Hillel sponsorship and funding.

For those of you wondering why the JCC logo has been censored, go here.

I have little doubt that what I have done at the top of this post is 'fair use' under the copyright law. If the JCC threatens me with another SLAPP lawsuit over this, I will publicize the name and contact information of the person who is threatening me, and ask each of the 10,000 or so people who red this blog every day to contact her personally.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know the rabbi of that JCC. I had my Bar Mitzvah at a Reconstructionist
Synagogue called B'nai Keshet in Montclair NJ.

Joy Levitt is a very sick woman. this is not political for me. this is personal.

Joy had me thrown out of Hebrew school at B'nai Keshet ...if I remember correctly. I drew a picture of my teacher when I was 13 years old. for the record it was wrong... and it wasn't a female teacher it was a male teacher, but I was 13 years old. I had to train for my Bar Mitzvah with the Orthodox because the Reconstructionist synagogue would not allow me to go to Hebrew school. This women is out to hurt Western men. It is her agenda. I'm not saying anything over the top here. The girls are coddled and groomed and the boys are given hairy eyeballs. I have pictures of girls dancing with each other at my Bar Mitzvah party. at the time it didn't mean anything to me. now I realize they were reinforcing Anti-Social behavior. Very few of the kids still talk to each other. Just about every girl who was in my Bar Mitzvah class is now a lesbian. The one straight girl there in my class was known to be promiscuous. when they elected Obama president... it felt like Montclair NJ started running the government. I used to get beat up by black kids and my parents would take me to a shrink and the guy would say... "you don't know how to read people". yeah right... I read the hate just fine

it all comes full circle. She talks about strollers in the WTC Mosque? Well if the babies have vaginas then they will be just fine for her. I'm not surprised to see her enabling the Anti-Semite Christiane Amanpour. Keep in mind just this year Amanpour tweeted that the Israelis were using stolen organs during the Haitian relief efforts after the earthquake. small world.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Broomer said...

Have a wonderful local JCC, but I let my membership lapse. If they wanted me to renew, I'll show them this. Don't care if they have nothing to do with other JCC branches. They're JCC affiliated, period.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

What is JCC? I have googled it and have come up with somethings that are not it,including JCC lighting and Joseph Chamberlain College. Does it have a website? I would like to know. Thanks.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am amazed at the arrogance of some Jewish community leaders who think think everything they do must be loved by everyone. I do not mind disagreement, but when a JCC tries to tell me J-Street is is as benign as the Boy Scouts, I have a problem with it.

I cannot discuss the off the off the record conversation I had with the Manhattan JCC, but I can say their PR person loved cutting me off mid-sentence, indicating they really did not care what I had to say. They called me, setting up a conference call, and if they did not care to listen to anything I had to say after going to the trouble of setting up an internal meeting, they surely do not care what anyone else has to say.

I wasted my time. I should have not had pulled my criticism of them on this blog in hopes of getting them to realize their mistakes. It did not work, at least not yet, but I'm not holding out hope anymore either, and they certainly won't like the article I will be posting about this.

Fred Taub
President, Boycott Watch
http://www.BoycottWatch.com

Author, Boycotting Peace
http://www.BoycottingPeace.com

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Just found the stuff re this horror.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Kung Fu Jew 18 said...

This just in from Gary Rosenblatt, the editor of the NY Jewish Week:

Richard Allen, a JCC member who founded JCCWatch, called on the assembled to join him in “demonstrating and picketing to put an end to the JCC’s horrible ‘partnership’ with the BDS movement.”

Such allegations are more than unfair, distorting rather than clarifying the issue through a pattern of guilt by association that borders on the absurd.

In truth, I hesitated to write here about a one-man effort making demands on the JCC, one of the great institutions of New York Jewry. I generally agree with the logic of not giving such critics the attention they crave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google