Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sexual assault of CBS reporter in Egypt: Horrifying but not surprising

I am sure that by now you have all heard the story of Lara Logan, the CBS News reporter who was sexually assaulted while covering the celebrations in Tahrir Square last Friday night. On Wednesday, we received the additional detail that while Logan was being assaulted, her assailants were screaming "Jew, Jew" (Hat Tip: Memeorandum).

While Logan's assault is horrifying, it's not surprising. The Arabs in general - and the Egyptians in particular - are known for this sort of thing. This is from a 2006 post by the Sandmonkey - one of the first things I ever read on his blog.
The story is as follows for the those of you who didn't hear about it: It was the first day of Eid, and a new film was opening downtown. Mobs of males gatherd trying to get in, but when the show was sold out, they decided they will destroy the box office. After accomplishing that, they went on what can only be described as a sexual frenxy: They ran around grabbing any and every girl in sight, whether a niqabi, a Hijabi or uncoverd. Whether egyptian or foreigner. Even pregnant ones. They grabbed them, molested them, tried to rip their cloths off and rape them, all in front of the police, who didn't do shit. The good people of downtown tried their best to protect the girls. Shop owners would let the girls in and lock the doors, while the mobs tried to break in. Taxi drivers put the girls in the cars while the mobs were trying to break the glass and grab the girls out. It was a disgusting pandamonium of sexual assaults that lasted for 5 houres from 7:30 PM to 12:30 am, and it truns my stomach just to think about it.

I called my father when I heard of that happening, and he informed me that he didn't hear of it at all. They watched Al Jazeerah, CNN, flipped through opposition newspapers, and nothing. Nada. Nobody mentioned it. As if it didn't happen.

But it did.

...

Now, the egyptian blogsphere has been abuzz in debate over the incident. Some are writing posts on why it happend, possible causes, what it means, the social and political factors that could possibly lead to this behavior, and quite honestly, I can't be botherd. I don't care why it happend. Rape is not up for debate. I just care that it happend. What we should discuss right now isn't what caused it, but what kind of horrible punishment that should be enacted on any egyptian male who thinks that it is well into his right to sexually harass a female on the street. That's it. Pure and simple.

I am often told that I am too westernized or too liberal by people I know, and they are not wrong or inaccurate. My values are for the most part western values. However, there are two middle-eastern traits in me that I can never give up: The first is my stupid insistince on always paying for the bill when I am with a girl I am dating, and the second is my protectiveness of women. I have no tolerance for those who assault women sexually in any way, and that almost got me kicked out of my school in Boston when I broke the leg of one of my roommates who raped a friend of mine. The incident only resulted in him getting a broken leg because people stoped me before I killed him. And I had the full intention of killing him. Rapists do not deserve to live. And that's how I feel towards every single one of those pieces of shit that attacked women on the streets of cairo the other day.

People can debate solutions based on dialogue, education, or whatever and that's their right. My solution is far simpler: Any egyptian man whose mother raised him right should beat the living crap of any man he sees on the street that assaults or harasses a female. Think of them as your sisters, and act accordingly. The Police isn't interested in protecting the women, and that's fine, but that means that we should take this job as our own. Those who insist on acting like animals will be treated as such, and deserve no sympathy or mercy from us. I assure you, if we did this, if we undertook this as part of our national duty, there will no longer be a problem on our streets.

That is all!
Let's go to the videotape. This one is from 2008.



The second reason I wasn't surprised by the assault was when I saw the picture of Logan at the top of this post. Several years ago, the wife of a friend confided in me that she had been raped before they were married. She was assaulted by an Arab man right here in Jerusalem, and she told me that she attributed the assault that she was blond and that she was wearing her hair loose. She said that blonds have to be particularly careful around Arab men, and she advised wearing their hair tight and in a bun. Look at Logan's picture. See what I mean?

The good news is that lowlife Nir Rosen was forced out of his position at NYU (Hat Tip: Memeorandum). When the story broke on Tuesday, Rosen had posted derogatory comments about Logan on Twitter.
But let’s just remember one thing going forward: Nir Rosen believed this was the right moment to let the world know that he “ran out of sympathy for her” and that we should “remember her role as a major war monger” and that we “have to find humor in the small things.”
I hope Rosen never finds employment again. Those remarks are inexcusable.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's some deep Norman Bates issues with Arab men.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

You are very generous. I tend to agree with Nir Rosen. This woman and her ilk think it is only Jews who are entitled to be attacked, raped and murdered by mozlems. She thinks because she is not a Jew, she has a free ride. It's a wake up call - unfortunately not for everyone.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

This is a quote from a US blogger: in essence, quid pro quo.

"She did though knowingly go into a mob she knew was furious at her, knew was inflamed, knew was third world males who view women like goats, and in knowing all that being a media whore using Egyptians for her high priced salary..........what did she expect to happen from an Obama mob who she has been a part of rigging up to rape women for years?"

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Captain.H said...

This isn't a phenomenon limited to Arab men in the Middle East. It's become an epidemic of rapes of Swedish and Norwegian women (presumably mostly blonde or very fair) by young Arab immigrant men in the streets. You can do a quick google "rapes of Swedish women" and get these results, just for starters, and read it for yourself. Disgusting.

The appeaser-enabler Establishment and MSM in those Scandinavian countries do their best to overlook this outrage, bury the story, as did the MSM in Egypt. Equally disgusting, the police forces in those countries are also studiously overlooking the epidemic. They don't want to have to actually do their job, protect their own female citizens, as this would probably escalate Arab-native tensions in a very public way. They don't have the guts to deal with that.

Maybe this is hyperbole but if the Establishment, MSM and police pretend the epidemic isn't happening, if by doing that, they in effect give aid and comfort to these criminals, betraying their own people, doesn't that also make the Establishment, MSM and police the enemy of their own people?

(BTW, please tell me that Israeli men do protect Israeli women from the Arabs in Israel and that this sort of bestiality is deterred by whatever is necessary???)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google