Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On the deck of the 'peaceful' Mavi Marmara

This is what it was like on the deck of the 'peaceful' Mavi Marmara according to Soldier Number 1's testimony to the Turkel Commission.
The report released by the Turkel Commission includes testimonies from the naval commandos who took part in the incident, some of whom were taken captive. “Upon landing on the middle deck, I fractured my arm, and a mob of dozens of people attacked me and basically lynched me.” So reads the testimony of the first soldier who fast-roped down from the helicopter onto the deck of the Turkish ship Mavi Marmara last May.

...

“(The assailants were) pulling off my helmet, strangling me, sticking fingers into my eyes to gouge them out of their sockets, pulling my limbs in every direction, striking me in an extremely harsh manner with clubs and metal rods, mostly on my head,” recalled soldier no. 1. “I truly felt that I was about to die, way beyond what we define as life-threatening.” “I felt that at any moment I would take a blow to the head which would kill me.”

Three soldiers testified to being abducted and taken into the ship’s interior. They were held for 40 minutes, during which they were beaten and denied medical attention.
Non-violent peace activists, anyone?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

The flip side of the Turkel Report is Ankara should not be holding its breath waiting for that Israeli apology to arrive any time soon.

Heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google