Powered by WebAds

Monday, October 04, 2010

Sanctioned Iranians laughing at Obama

Two of eight Iranians specifically targeted by Obama administration sanctions for human rights violations mocked the sanctions on Saturday.
Welfare Minister Sadeq Mahsouli [pictured. CiJ] and deputy police chief Ahmad Reza Radan said Obama's decision questioned the very perception of the United States as a superpower.

On Wednesday, Obama ordered that any US assets held by the eight officials, who include Mahsouli and Radan, be frozen. They will also be denied US visas.

"I have never applied for a US visa... these actions question America's superpower status. I also never had a single rial in an account in America," Mahsouli, interior minister during the disputed June 2009 presidential election, was quoted as saying by Fars news agency.

"This issue is like a political joke. Even when I was working in the private sector I did not visit America," he said.

Radan also dismissed Obama's move.

"I thank Mr Obama for making this joke," Fars quoted him as saying. "When Obama read out the statement, he should have said how much I have in my account. I want to know my correct balance."

Their reactions were the first by any of the eight targeted by Washington for alleged human rights abuses during widespread unrest after last year's presidential election.
What could go wrong?

1 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Sure... that has really impressed them!

Now when will we see REAL sanctions slapped upon Iran?

What could go wrong indeed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google