Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Israelis still hate Goldstone

Shmuel Rosner takes Ron Kampeas to task for this statement about Richard Goldstone.
I don't think Goldstone is Uncle Evil any longer in Israel. His reputation morphed from Pompous Traitor to Wounded Grandpa after South African Zionists tried to muscle him out of his grandson's Bar Mitzvah.
And Shmuel answers:
There's only one problem with this observation. It's nonsense. I don't know why and where Kampeas got this impression (I'd be happy to see the evidence, but I suspect there's none), but as far as I can tell most Israelis have very little sympathy for Goldsone. They still see him much more as the "uncle evil" than as the "wounded grandpa". And I find it hard to believe that this will ever change - no matter how many Bar Mitzvas he misses.
Shmuel's got it right. I don't know who Kampeas has on the ground in Israel and which blogs and MSM he reads, but as far as I can tell, he's way off. Everyone I've spoken to or heard from here still hates Goldstone. Everyone.

1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Yup... the damage he did will outlast his commitment as an observant Jew.

He uncorked the evil genie from that bottle, its out there and there's no putting it back in.

No, Israelis are not inclined to forgive Richard Goldstone any time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google