Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The 8th happiest country in the world

According to a poll published in Forbes, Israel is the 8th happiest country on earth - ahead of the United States and of course ahead of all our neighbors.
Israel tied for 8th place with Australia, Switzerland, and Canada in a Gallup World Poll survey of 155 countries that measures well-being.

Denmark, Finland and Norway led the list, the U.S. tied with Austria for 14th place, while the highest ranking Arab country, the United Arab Emirates, was 20th.

Israel’s neighbors ranked as follows: Egypt (115 tied), Syria (115 tied), Jordan (52), and Lebanon (73).
I'm actually kind of surprised at this. People here tend to complain a lot and life can be very stressful here. It must be really bad elsewhere.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Kristen Stewart said...

Dear Friend,

I am really proud to have your blog http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/ in my blog sidebar. I could see your website nice and with good information for the people, and this attracts me to add your blog in my blog named http://spacestation-shuttle-archive.blogspot.com/.

My best friendship quote “Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends”

Hope you would add my blog. Thanks a lot. Keep blogging....

Love your blog and you are added :) Keep up the good work and thanks for the kinds words. -- Kristen

Thanks for the opportunity.

Thanks

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Stuart said...

My impression, as an outside observer but frequent visitor, is that in Israel, complaining is a sport or avocation, and it actually mitigates misery and enhances satisfaction.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

As an Ashkenazi, I can vouch for the fact that it is a family recreation: we call it "kvetching".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google