Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Lag BaOmer

As I think I noted earlier, tonight is Lag BaOmer. I had to chauffeur the 10-year old and the 8-year old to their bonfires, which were about as far apart as they could be - and as far away from us as possible - without leaving Jerusalem. By the time I dropped the 10-year old (who is staying overnight at his friend's house) off, it was time to go back to get the 8-year old.

When I came home, the girls called saying that they've been waiting half an hour for a bus - fortunately, Mrs. Carl decided she would go get them....

Anyway, I've been out for the last three hours (the one post that went up after the Sabbath ended was scheduled before the Sabbath) and I'm just starting to post now....

4 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger rickismom said...

You are luckey if the fires are far from you. The shul underneath us makes a bonfire every year- which we can view without having to step out the door--- but we have to seal the house hermetically due to the smoke!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Rickismom,

There are fires in my neighborhood as well, but all the kids go to school outside the neighborhood, so they went elsewhere.

The entire city smells of smoke (and between my wife and me I think we covered the entire city tonight).

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Eliana said...

Chag Sameach, Carl!

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batten down the hatches! Shutter the trissim! Seal all windows!

It's like living in a submarine for one night.

My kids are independent. No longer need to drive them around. Ah!

I've noticed that there's less and less material to burn over the years (25 in my neighborhood). Fewer bonfires, smaller infernos, and less smoke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google