Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jerusalem named top travel destination

So much for all those people at the Foreign Ministry who think we have to 'rebrand' Israel to emphasize the women at the beach. Jerusalem has been named one of the top ten travel destinations in the World - the only city in the Middle East so honored.
The TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice award for Jerusalem, the only city in the Middle East and Africa to receive the honor, was announced Wednesday.

TripAdvisor lists several sites in Jerusalem as must-see for travelers, including the Western Wall, Temple Mount, Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial and the City of David.

About 317,000 visitors entered Israel in April, a 26 percent increase over the same month last year.

TripAdvisor features more than 30 million traveler reviews and opinions on vacation destinations around the world. It attracts more than 9 million viewers per month.

Other destinations on the top 10 list include London, New York City, Paris, Rome and Washington, D.C. Also, Florence and Venice, in Italy; Istanbul, Turkey; and Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The only ones I haven't been to are Venice, Istanbul and Siem Reap. I have no desire to visit the last two, but if anyone wants to finance me taking Mrs. Carl to Venice for our 30th anniversary next summer, I'm game.

Heh.

5 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

carl,

sorry to take this off topic, but i was wondering if you had ever perused the blog by one Charles H. Manekin? its called the magnes zionist.

the guy claims to be a modern ortho, yet his views in regards to israel and judaism dont fit any modern ortho i ever met.

just wondering what you make of the guy

ty

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Carl in Jerusalem said...

Bacci40,

Have heard of it. Have never really looked at it. Will try to take a look today or tomorrow.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

carl, if I win the lottery I would love to! :)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Bacci40 and Carl: have just visited the blog you mentioned, magnes zionist.

Calls himself modern orthodox and finances J street!!?

More like heterodox.

I see myself as modern orthodox: I was born to orthodox parents, I may not practise much or go to schul much, but I feel Jewish to the core and totally and completely support Israel and feel it has been forced to give up too much land for zero peace. I live in UK but my heart is in Jerusalem and I know it is in my DNA. I am a complete Zionist and will make Aliyah at some point.

This manekin is NOT a real Zionist in my small opinion, as he talks about the "Jewish occupation". He sounds like a liar and traitor.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl, maybe the PA will buy you and Mrs. Carl those tickets to Venice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google