Powered by WebAds

Friday, January 22, 2010

Outrageous: Kids taken off US Air flight at gunpoint, laid spread-eagled and sniffed by bomb-detecting dogs

There was a lot more to Thursday's diversion of a US Air New York to Louisville flight because of a 17-year old boy wearing Tefillin on the plane. Fox News interviews the boy's father, who didn't know what had happened until hours later. This is simply outrageous.

Let's go to the videotape (Hat Tip: NY Nana).



It's outrageous that these kids were taken off the plane at gunpoint and forced to lie on the ground spread-eagle to be sniffed by bomb-detecting dogs when they were clearly NOT behaving like someone trying to set off a bomb. It's outrageous that the parents of a 17-year and a 16-year old were not contacted for hours and had no idea where their children were. Please boycott US Air!

Here's a second video from Fox. Let's go to the videotape.



So the next time I fly anywhere except to or from Israel I have to put up a sign while I'm saying my prayers that says, "I'm not a terrorist, I'm not trying to blow up the plane, I'm just saying my prayers and I will tell you all you want to know about it when I am done."

Simply outrageous.

Get with it America. Cut the political correctness and start looking for terrorists instead of looking for things that might be used by terrorists. Unbelievable.

P.S. Here's hoping the parents sue US Air and the Philadelphia police department for false imprisonment of those kids. I'd take that case in a New York minute.

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So the next time I fly anywhere except to or from Israel I have to put up a sign while I'm saying my prayers that says, "I'm not a terrorist, I'm not trying to blow up the plane, I'm just saying my prayers and I will tell you all you want to know about it when I am done.""
------------------------------------

Carl, produce laminated signs with the above statement and make a fortune.

I think every Jew should intentionally put on their Tefilin mid-flight, holding up the sign a minute beforehand to make passengers happy.

If that doesn't convince them, we can always show them we're circumcised. That'll make for some fun headlines!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Joe said...

That little girl was sniffed by bomb dogs?

I don't feel safe anymore on flights with these idiots running the show.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"the lesson that we learned today is that racial and religious profiling doesn't work."

what a joke. racial and religious profiling works wonderfully, if you profile the race and religion perpetrating the attacks and not the ones who aren't. why should jews and christians and sikhs and buddhists be subjected to such humiliation when its muslims doing the terrorism. like the boy's father said, obviously people should be paying attention to security, but a little common sense is definitely in order.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Lois Koenig said...

Carl,

I am still livid, and the more I see in the newspapers here,as the local paper went to town on it: the family lives about 15 minutes from us, the angrier I get. Yes, the parents should absolutely sue, and they would be very lucky indeed if they had you for their lawyer.

Would they do it to a muslim? This boy was doing every the right way, and gets a gun pointed at him?

/No, there is no Jew hate in the USA, not a bit.

That is one hat tip I wish was not needed.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Mark said...

If that doesn't convince them, we can always show them we're circumcised.

Heh heh ... most of the time the terrorists are also circumcised.

Mark

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Carl - if you want to offer to work pro bono for the families, you can. I think you'd have strong grounds for winning a suit.

Simply outrageous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google