Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Freedom of religion, Israeli style: Father and daughter arrested on suspicion of trying to pray

I've mentioned before that I don't go to the Temple Mount because my rabbi doesn't allow it. But this is unbelievable.
Jerusalem police detained a Jewish father and daughter in on suspicion the two tried to prey pray in the Temple Mount complex, in violation of the law. The two were taken in for investigation.
I fixed the English a little bit.

How can you arrest someone on 'suspicion of trying to pray'? What are the elements of the 'crime'? If I make a blessing quietly to myself, does that violate the law? And even if I make the blessing out loud in an unobtrusive matter, what's wrong with that? Why are we acting like dhimmis?

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger NormanF said...

Its unbelievable that Jews get arrested for not interfering with any one else's business. They didn't even do that in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union. And its an act of disrespect for G-d. Not to mention that in Israel today, some people get all upset when the Justice Minister talked about the Torah being the basis of the Jewish State's laws. Being an observant Jew in some respects, is still believe it or not, a crime in Israel!

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm a little confused...don't most visitors to the Temple Mount pray there? Are you simply referring to the area where the Dome of the Rock is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google