Powered by WebAds

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Jeffrey Goldberg interviews Israeli ambassador to the US Michael Oren

Shavua tov, a good week to everyone. We had no internet connection after the Sabbath ended and that's why I'm just getting online now.

For all of my American readers (including fellow ex-pats), I want to wish you all a Happy July 4 Independence Day. And may your evil ruler soon be deposed (since I'm not Israel's ambassador to the US, I can say things like that).

On Friday afternoon, at the Aspen Festival, The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg spoke with Israel's ambassador to the US Michael Oren. Let's go to the videotape and I'll have more afterward.



I like that Israeli Jews live longer....

There's a summary of the interview here. The part that's in the video clip does not include the part about Iran cited in the summary.

4 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Steven said...

Correction: Holocaust in not-too-distant past, not future... or so I hope.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

For liberals from hell like goldberg, judaism ended with afternoon hebrew school. Maybe he should try Aish

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

I think Michael Oren's point is well-taken. A nuclear weapon can wipe out hundreds of thousands of people in a few seconds. Several of them could eliminate Israel. That is why Israel cannot put up with a nuclear Iran.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger LB said...

Daniel - as much as I dislike most of what Goldberg believes, he has actually gone much further than afternoon Hebrew school. Ignore the politics if you want, but if you read his book you see he was an active member in a Shomer Hatzair summer camp in the US and actually served in the IDF. Yes, he essentially gave up and went back - but that's still lightyears away from assimilationists like Dennis Ross, Martin Indyk, or Daniel Kurtzer, just to name a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google