Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pope meets with Jewish leaders at the Vatican

In a message aimed at easing the rancor over a bishop's denial of the Holocaust, Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday met with some sixty Jewish leaders, and called the slaughter of 6 million Jews a crime against God. The Vatican said the Pope would make his first visit to Israel in May.

Let's go to the videotape.



The Pope seems to be genuinely trying to smooth things over. I'd be happier if he retracted Bishop Williamson's readmission to the church (I have no idea how these things work or whether that would be plausible). But this is definitely an improvement over what went on a couple of weeks ago.

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Steven said...

His actions are insufficient, he tries to smooth things over with his words. The actions speak louder.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Daniel434 said...

I'd be happy if he apologized for the crusades and the 'Nazi ratlines'.

As a note to blog owners who are Christian and support Israel, I urge you to take down Crusader Imagery (usually a cross on a shield). Some Jews even are offended by the cross and I am hyper-sensitive to this issue and do not want to offend my religious Jewish friends. I'd rather use the first symbol the "fish" or Jewish symbols for the Jews were responsible for the spread of the Gospel of Yeshua and dominated the first early churches and didn't know what to do with a gentile. Now it is the opposite with most denominations and theologies, they do not know what to do with the Jews who come to faith in Yeshua, Son of David.

Ok, back on topic, sorta...

The Crusades were not Christian, they were political run by Roman Catholicism or the Vatican. They were mostly corrupt as that guy Blagojevich who tried to sell Obama's Senate seat, that was basically the order of the day during the crusades regarding the Pope and Catholicism in general and still is heavily corrupt. I did some minor study into the matter and it was entirely political. I hope Carl understands this and though I am not a Catholic, and often speak out against their various stances; I hope he can forgive Christians like myself who genuinely love Israel and the Jewish people. Christians who call themselves "Zionists" such as myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google