Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 05, 2008

'Obama Youth': Shades of 1934?

Here are two videos that I found quite frightening (Hat Tip: Boris C.).

The first video is approximately 4 minutes. In the first 3:30 it shows kids being propagandized by Barack Hussein Obama's supporters. The last 30 seconds shows the 'Hitler youth' being propagandized the same exact way. Note how both have the overbearing display of flags,posters,etc. Glassy eyed children blindly reciting what their elders told them to. Really scary stuff. Let's go to the videotape.



The second video is a group of African-American teams in a military-style formation. Here's what Captain Ed Morrissey had to say about this video:

There is some difference between having 5-12 year olds singing about Barack Obama and this group, which appears old enough to start forming their own opinions on politics. The quasi-military marching disturbs some, but as Jonah Goldberg notes, there is a tradition of this in black fraternities. The mindless chant of Barack Obama’s health-care slogans are less disturbing than comical, at least to me.

The Sing for Change video was clearly more of an exploitation of children for political indoctrination on behalf of the parents involved. The health-care cadence at least discussed policy specifics in the midst of the hero worship. The Sing for Change video makes Obama a demi-god to whom children should sing hosannas, and is much more creepy.

There's an update regarding the second video. Here's what the YouTube poster says about it:
This morning, I received a message from a friend named Dan who gave me the address of the school where this video was filmed. This is the name:

URBAN COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
1524 PASEO BLVD
18th & Vine District, Kansas City, MO
Educational Organization

I called and spoke to Bernard, who said he was the assistant Dean. He was very gentlemanly and when I voiced my concerns about the video, he told me that this was taken at the school last year when Obama was beginning his campaign. He assured me that they stopped this "regiment" because they felt the person who was organizing it was pushing his political agenda.

Duh.

He assured me that he didn't know it was on YouTube. I gave him the link to where to go for this video and when he found it he said, "Oh this is not good. I had no idea" I told him I'd take his word for it. He then asked me, nicely, "what's the main concern? Because I want to understand where you're coming from so that I can figure out how to handle this."

Nicely, I told him that the video looked militant. I told him about the Colburn School video and how it resembles propaganda films from Communist dictatorships. I told him that the US military is frowned upon for going to high schools trying to recruit potential grads into joining their ranks. Why shouldn't we frown upon those who come to a school like yours to encourage kids to worship a politician? One who is not even a president.

I also said that if this was done to make kids feel better about themselves, why do it in the name of Obama? Why not encourage kids to believe in the power of themselves?

He assured me that he would get to the bottom of the situation, thanked me for my call and we hung up.

That's all for now.
Let's go to the videotape.



I find both of these videos creepy. I don't think kids under 14 or 15 have any place in politics - they don't know enough to make a choice. Even here in Israel where most of the country is obsessed with politics, I would be opposed to my kids being used in a campaign. I just don't think it's right. Let kids be kids and worry about their Lego and jumping rope and school and don't drag them into the world's problems.

And the hero worship of Obama - forgetting that I find its object nauseating - is quite scary. Imagine eight years of this. What a nightmare! These kids will never be able to think for themselves. (And this coming from someone who - at the ripe old age of 15 - opposed his parents' voting for George McGovern).

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger TrueBlue said...

The more paranoid you people get, the harder we laugh.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Niko said...

Nothing to laugh there. This is not just isolate incident in the world. Just look at Putin's Nashi youth movement, which practically worships him. They have barricaded embassy, blocked ambassadors' cars and held protests. They also have camps and have had some shooting practise there, shooting targets with pictures of opposition.

Yeah. Personality worship is disturbing, which is why Obama already is more worrisome than Bush ever has been (this coming from person who does not like Bush).

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger jvs said...

To grinder I say, seig heil, seig heil, seig heil. Who needs Hitler, we have our own Fuhrer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google