Powered by WebAds

Monday, July 21, 2008

Soccer Dad rips Nissenbaum for bias

I've known Soccer Dad for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen him as angry as he must have been when he wrote this post. He found McClatchey's Dion Nissenbaum's coverage of the release of Samir al-Kuntar infuriating. And when I read about it, so did I. But I'm not even going to try to add anything to what Soccer Dad wrote, because he fisked it thoroughly. Here's a sample.

Dion Nissenbaum, McClatchy's Israel correspondent, lets all know where his sympathies lie, with Samir Kuntar.

As Israel was getting ready to free Kuntar last Wednesday, the Lebanese militant told guards that he didn't want to walk to freedom in a prison uniform.

When the Israeli guards refused, Kuntar said he told them to call off the deal.

"I've kept my dignity for 30 years," Kuntar said he told his jailers, "I'm not going to give it up in the last half hour."

The standoff lasted until the guards called their superiors, who eventually agreed to let Kuntar go free in civilian clothes.

Once free after nearly 30 years, Kuntar traded the civilian clothes for military fatigues and delivered a defiant threat to return to his militant mission.

Dignity?

Accepting a wife and an education and plenty of food from the evil Zionists for 30 years didn't compromise his dignity? Why the hell did the authorities give in?

Read the whole thing.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angry? Only at Israel for acquiescing to Kuntar's tantrums. We deserve all the ridicule and disprespect we are getting.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger NormanF said...

Carl - what I'm really angry at is that Israel did not shoot the murderous SOB dead. His jailers will be sorry the rest of their lives and they will be punished for letting a murderer walk free. Along with every one who let it happen. I hope G-d never lets them sleep easy at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google